THE DEITY OF CHRIST
In our last lesson we saw the humanity of Christ, today we want to consider Christ as God.
A. He has Divine attributes.
1. In Him dwell all the attributes of Deity in bodily fashion (Col. 2:9)
2. Jesus Christ manifests holiness, love, omnipotence, omnipresence and omniscience (Jn. ).
B. Christ performs Divine functions.
1. He created Jn. 1:1-3; Col. 1:16-17
2. He Forgives Mk. 2:7 Who can forgive sins but God only?
3. He gives life Jn. 5:21, 26
4. He is our Judge Jn. 5:22, 27
C. He Receives Divine Honors.
1. He is equal to the Father Jn. 5:23
2. He is to be worshipped Heb. 1:6
3. Everyone is to be subject to Christ Phil. 2:9-11
- Christ will either be your Lord here or your Judge throughout eternity.
D. Jesus Christ is called by Divine titles.
1. Christ is God
Jn. 1:1; ;
2. Christ is Lord Jn. 20:28; Phil. 2:11
a. His own always addresses Christ as Lord.
b. The Jehovah (LORD) and Adoni (Lord) of the O. T. is the Lord Jesus Christ of the N. T.
c. In his vision of the Lord, Isaiah saw the pre-incarnate Christ (Isa. 6:1-10 with Jn. -41).
d. Under inspiration of the Holy Spirit, David spoke of Christs resurrection (Ps. 110:1 with Mt. -46)
e. When God the Father pours out His Spirit upon the Jews they will see Christ as their Lord (Zech. with Rev. 1:7).
A. He is the visible manifestation of the Father (Jn. , 18).
B. Jesus Christ is the only way to the Father (Jn. 14:6, 9: Acts 4:12).
C. There is but one true God of the world, and there is one Mediator who came to reconcile sinful men to God through His sacrificial death on the cross (I Tim. 2:5-6).
- He will save every sinner that repents of his sin
and calls upon Him for salvation (