THE GOLDEN AGE
We have already discussed the Church Age ending with the return of Christ in the air for His saints.
We looked into the Tribulation Period that follows the Church Age.
We just finished considering the Battle of Armageddon, which marks the end of the Tribulation.
Now we come next to the great event in the prophetic timetable, which is the Golden Age (or better known as the Millennium).
The word “MILLENNIUM” comes from a Latin word, which means “one thousand years.”
The phrase “thousand years” is mentioned six times in Rev. 20:1-7. This period is referred to throughout Scripture.
The Gospel of Matthew is the Gospel of the Kingdom. It is the revelation of Jesus Christ as King reigning over His people.
This thousand-year Kingdom period literally means the personal reign of Jesus Christ on this earth.
Let’s note some things about this “GOLDEN AGE” or Millennium.
I. AT THIS TIME ISRAEL WILL BE RESTORED TO FAVOR WITH
A. this will not take place unto “the fulness of the Gentiles be come in”(Rom. 11:25).
- The living Stone must first smash the Gentile nations. Dan. 2:44-45.
B. The Jewish Nation as a whole shall be saved. Rom. 11:26.
1. This Deliverer is none other than Jesus Christ. Isa. 59:20-21.
2. God has a glorious future for Israel in her own land under the personal direction and reign of the Lord Jesus Christ, Israel’s Messiah.
C. Christ is personally going to reign over His people.
1. He will come to bring in world peace and to sit on the throne of David. Isa. 9:6-7.
2. The land of Palestine with its city of Jerusalem will become the center of the whole world. Isa. 27:6; 46:9-13.
II. THE MILLENNIUM WILL BE A LITERAL KINGDOM
A. This Kingdom will actually take place.
1. It is not a spiritual or typical Kingdom as some teach.
2. We see the Lord coming to sit upon His throne as the righteous Judge. Mt. 25:31-34, 41, 46.
B. The thousand-year kingdom is as literal as:
1. The first coming of Jesus Christ was,
2. The times of the Gentiles is,
3. And the return of Christ will be.
III. THE MILLENNIUM WILL BE THE MOST WONDERFUL AGE
THIS WORLD HAS EVER KNOWN
A. SATAN will be bound in the bottomless pit for one thousand years. Rev. 20:1-3.
- This world will be free from his tricks for this period of time.
B. The Lord Jesus Christ will reign as LORD OF LORDS AND KING OF KINGS. Jer. 23:5-6; Dan. 7:13-14; Zech 14:9; Lk. 1:31-33.
1. Christ will personally reign.
2. He will rule with a rod of iron.
3. He will not permit any rebellion against His personal reign. Ps. 2:8-9.
4. He will seek to bring glory to God and blessings to His subjects.
C. This will be a fulfillment of the disciples’ prayer.
“Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven”
IV. THE EARTH WILL EVEN BE CHANGED
A. The animal kingdom will be changed. Isa. 11:6-9.
B. The vegetable kingdom will be changed. Isa. 55:13.
C. Those who have been faithful to Christ will rule and reign with Him a thousand years. Rev. 20:4-6.
1. Are you ready for this Golden Age?
2. If you haven’t been saved then you are not ready!
3. You need to repent of your sins and receive Christ today.
4. If you have been saved, are you faithfully serving the Lord through His