WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES ABOUT THE ANTICHRIST (II)
THE RISE OF ANTICHRIST
II Thess. 2:1-4
I. THE ANTICHRIST IS PROPHESIED TO COME FORTH AS THE “LITTLE HORN” Dan. 7-9
A. Antichrist will rise over the final form of Gentile dominion. Dan. 7:7-8.
- He is pictured as conquering, intelligent, and an orator.
B. Antichrist will hold sway over the whole earth. Dan. 7:19-21.
1. Antichrist will head the future world government. V. 23.
2. Antichrist will head the ten-king confederacy. V. 24.
3. Antichrist will be a blasphemer and persecutor.
“And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High,”(v. 25a).
4. Antichrist will be the head of a lawless system.
“…And think to change times and laws…”(v. 25b).
5. Antichrist will gain power fully in the Great Tribulation.
“…And they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time”(v. 25c).
II. THE ANTICHRIST WILL ARISE IN THE LATTER TIME
…The Tribulation period. Dan. 8:23.
A. Antichrist will come forth with great signs and wonders opposing Christ. 8:24-25.
B. Antichrist will make a covenant with restored Israel. 9:25-27.
III. THE ANTICHRIST WILL COME FORTH A PROUD, UNGODLY KING Dan. 11
A. He will exalt himself. V. 36.
B. He will be godless. Vv. 37-39.
IV. THE ANITCHRIST IS REVEALED AS THE “THE MAN OF SIN” I Thess. 2:1-4
A. He will appear in the “Day of the Lord”(vv. 2-3).
B. He will set up his kingdom when the One who restrains is removed. Vv. 5-8.
C. He will come forth with satanic power deceiving the unbeliever. Vv. 8-12.
V. THE ANTICHRIST IS REVEALED AS THE BEAST Rev. 13, 17
A. He will receive power from Satan. 13:1-2.
B. He will be a supernatural person. 17:7-11.
C. He will demand worship of himself as God. II Thess. 2:4; Rev. 13:3-8.
1. His will be a miraculous coming.
2. He will have been assassinated and come back to life. Rev. 17:8; 13:3-4.
1. You can’t attribute every miracle to God.
2. You must know the Word of God and the God of the Word, or you will be deceived by the Antichrist.