WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES ABOUT CULTS
WHAT MORMONS BELIEVE AND TEACH (3)
Here is a stern warning to anyone that would seek to lead people away from serving the True and Living God.
The Lord will surely judge those who seek to discourage others from obeying the principles of His Word (Gal. 1:8-9).
A. They deny that the human race became depraved in Adamís sin.
1. They do not see Adamís sin as sin.
2. They teach that his sin was necessary.
a. They teach that Adam was the angel Michael before being created with an immortal, undying body.
b. They teach that Eve also possessed an immortal body.
- God told them to be fruitful and multiply.
c. They teach that Eve became mortal when she yielded to Satanís lie and disobeyed God.
Since Adam was still immortal, they could not obey Godís command to replenish the earth, so Adam wisely chose to disobey the command not to eat the fruit.
As a mortal he could obey Godís command of procreation.
3. Mormons do not see the Fall as manís greatest catastrophe.
4. They teach that infants are sinless and cannot sin until they are eight years of age.† Then they must be baptized.
B. Notice what the BIBLE TEACHES ABOUT ADAMíS FALL.
1. The Bible teaches that Adam was created sinless and with eternal life, but the moment he sinned, he died spiritually, and later died physically.
a. God warned Adam that if he ate of the forbidden fruit, he would surely die (Gen. 2:15-17).
b. When Adam ate of the forbidden fruit he sinned and this sin brought DEATH (Gen. 3:6-8).
c. Adam not only died, but he plunged the whole world into sin (Rom. ).
d. Because man is a sinner, he is condemned to die (Rom. ).
2. Adam knew that he was disobeying God when he sinned (I Tim -14).
- Mormons hate the Biblical fact that man is born into this world depraved and condemned.
A. Though they deny Adamís sin, they teach that an atonement was still necessary.
1. They say that Adamís fall resulted in both physical and spiritual death.
B. Mormons teach that Christís death provides deliverance from spiritual death.
They teach that Christís death makes provision for everyoneís resurrection, but not for their salvation.
A. They believe that everyone will be resurrected, and will spend eternity in one of three kingdoms:
1. All the HEATHEN, those who reject the gospel, will inhabit the
2. Christians and all good, honorable men of all religious beliefs
who have rejected Mormon teaching will dwell in the
3. Only the devout MORMONS will be taken to the
B. Notice what the Bible teaches about the eternal state of man.
1. All who trust in Christ will be taken to Heaven (Jn. 14:1-3; II Cor. 5:8).
2. All who reject Christ will go to Hell (Mt. , 12; -42, 47-50).
A. They say no one can be saved outside the Mormon Church.
- Only Mormons can attain the Celestial kingdom or heaven.
B. They teach that a person cannot be saved by faith in Christ alone.
* There must be faith PLUS baptism, PLUS works.
C. To Mormons, baptism is so necessary for salvation that they baptize for the dead.
D. The BIBLE TEACHES that salvation is by GRACE THROUGH FAITH IN CHRISTÖplus nothing and minus nothing (Eph. 2:8-9; Tit. 3:5-7).
We can only conclude that Mormons are not Christians.
Although they live moral lives and sacrificially give themselves to make converts, they deny the Scripture and the Christ of the Scripture.
ďThey are ignorant of Godís righteousness and have gone about to establish their own righteousnessĒ(Rom. 10:3).