WHAT JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES BELIEVE AND TEACH II
A. They do not believe that salvation is through FAITH ALONE.
B. They teach that a person’s own willful obedience or willful disobedience will decide whether he may or may not have everlasting life.
C. What the Scriptures say about salvation.
1. A sinner is dead in his sins and must be quickened by the Spirit
of God (
2. Salvation is by “grace through faith”(Eph. 2:8-10).
3. Salvation is NOT BY WORKS (Tit. 3:5-7).
A. They deny the existence of Hell.
1. They teach that no one need fear Hell.
2. They try to confuse Scriptural truth on this subject by much unlearned talk about the translation of the Hebrew word SHEOL and the Greek word HADES (which means “place or state of depraved souls”).
B. What the Scriptures teach about Hell.
1. The wicked will end up in Hell (Ps. ).
2. We are to fear Hell and the lake of fire (Rev. 20:14-15).
3. Hell is a place of eternal torments (Rev. 14:11; Lk. -24).
4. Christ warned against Hell (Mk. -48).
a. Eternal Hell is the opposite of eternal life.
b. It is eternal fire (vv. 47-48).
1. Nothing would please Satan more than to persuade men to eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die and there is no punishment to worry about (Heb. 9:27).
2. You can see why Jehovah’s Witnesses are classed as a cult.
- They deny just about every major doctrine of the Bible.
3. They teach a faith plus works salvation which is contrary to Bible truth.