WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES ABOUT GOD
THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
A. The Bible simply declares the existence of God (Gen. 1:1; Jn. 1:1-2).
B. Man intuitively knows that God exists.
1. There is no such thing as an atheist by birth.
- A man must go to much trouble to educate God out of his thoughts.
2. Man is not an atheist by nature.
- In time of trouble and crisis, the atheist will curse God.
C. The human conscience attests to the fact of God’s existence (Rom. -15).
1. Men who have not been taught a moral standard have a consciousness of right and wrong.
2. The existence of law implies the existence of a lawgiver.
A. The universal belief attests to the existence of God.
- Everywhere in the world, men believe in a Supreme Being.
B. The argument of CAUSE and EFFECT prove the existence of God.
1. Logic states that every effect must have a cause.
2. Living matter cannot spring forth from something dead.
3. The galaxies and stars, the timing of our solar system, the intricacy of the atom, the marvel of the human body, etc. cannot be explained without the existence of an intelligent Creator to produce and sustain them.
Who can consider the beauty and perfection of the planetary system, and not bow in reverence and adoration before the Omniscient Architect of the heavens.
“Great and marvelous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; thou are wonderful in counsel, and excellent in working.”
C. Men are without excuse concerning the existence of God (Rom. -20).
1. God reveals His glory in His creation (Ps. 19:1).
2. Only a FOOL would deny the existence of God (Ps. 14:1; Prov. 1:7).
3. Some fools are illiterate; some are educated; but all who deny the existence of God are FOOLS.
D. It takes more than a knowledge of the existence of God for a person to be saved (I Cor. , 21).
1. Christ is the WAY of salvation (Jn. 14:6)
2. There is no other way for a sinner to be saved then through faith in Jesus Christ (Acts ).
3. Only those who call upon
the name of the Lord shall be saved (