I Cor. 3:9-17
Text v. 11
Anyone who diligently studies the Word of God will soon come to the realization that his TITHE, TALENT, and TIME belong to the Lord.
A. WHAT is the Tithe?
NOTE – Definition of the word:
- Tithe means tenth.
The Word of God teaches that every Christian should bring the tithe to the church because “one tenth” of what we earn belongs to God.
1. The Lord demands and deserves the firstfruits of all we have (Prov. 3:9-10).
2. The TITHE is a debt we owe to God.
- The Word of God declares that “the tithe is the Lord’s”(Lev. 27:30-32).
3. The TITHE is a definite part of our worship.
a. The first form of worship in the Old Testament was giving (Gen. 4:4).
b. The first form of worship in the New Testament was giving (Mt. ).
B. WHY should we Tithe?
The obedient Christian tithes in order to please the Lord and fulfill His commandments.
1. Abraham tithed 400 years before the Law was given (Gen. 14:20).
2. Moses incorporated the tithe into the Law (Lev. 27:30).
3. God commands the tithe (Mal. 3:7-10).
4. Jesus approved the tithe (Mt. ).
5. God gave His best for us, and we should do no less for Him (Jn. ).
C. WHERE should we pay our Tithe?
1. The Scripture teaches us to “bring the tithe into the storehouse”(I Cor. 16:2).
- The “storehouse” is none other than the place of worship, which during
the age of grace is the
2. The TITHE is the only method God has ordained to finance the church.
- Christ commissioned the church to teach and preach the gospel to the entire world, and the only way this can be done is for the Christian to tithe his income to the church.
GOD’S PRINCIPLES OF PROSPERITY:
1. God has all the wealth in the world (I Chron. 29:11-14).
2. God will enable us to give if we will trust Him (II Cor. 9:8).
3. God’s key to getting is in giving (Lk. ).
4. God will multiply our blessings as we give (Mk. -30).
5. God loves a cheerful giver (II Cor. 9:6-7).
A. God gives all Christians talents and abilities to use for His work (Lk.19:11-27).
- Pounds represent talents…
B. Every person has ability to serve Christ in some capacity, and should use it in the ministry of the church.
C. Whatever a person’s talent is, there is a place for all who are willing to serve (Mt. -38).
A. The child of God should be aware of the time (Rom. -14).
B. The believer should redeem the time (Eph. -17).
C. The Christian’s time is not his own (I Cor. -20).
“Just one life, ‘Twill soon be past:
Only what’s done for Christ will last.”
- The Lord promises to bless those who put Him first (Mt. -34).