WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES ABOUT THE RESURRECTION OF CHRIST
I Cor. 15:1-4
In our last lesson, we noted the IMPORTANCE OF THE RESURRECTION TO THE CHRISTIAN FAITH.
- Take away the fact of the resurrection of Christ and we are of all men most miserable.
Today, we want to consider the IMPORTANCE OF THE RESURRECTION TO THE GOSPEL MESSAGE.
I. ITS FACT IS ESSENTIAL TO THE GOSPEL
A. There are three essential parts to this powerful message of good news: (I Cor. 15:1-4)
1. The DEATH of Christ for our sins;
2. His BURIAL;
3. His glorious RESURRECTION.
- Without the FACT of the resurrection, there is no Gospel.
B. The resurrection is living proof that Christís sacrifice for our sins was accepted.
C. It provides a standing for the believing sinner.
1. Christ was delivered as a ransom to death for His people. (Rom. ).
2. The resurrection was the divine assurance that Christ has put away our sins by the sacrifice of Himself.
3. Christ took our sin on Himself in His death, and He ever lives to give us His perfect righteousness (II Cor. ).
II. ITS BELIEF IS ESSENTIAL TO SALVATION (
- Why must a person believe in the resurrection in order to be saved?
A. The resurrection is part of the Gospel record (Mk. 16:15-16; I Jn. 5:10-12).
B. The resurrection declares Godís power to save (Eph. -23).
C. The resurrection reveals that Christís sacrifice was sufficient payment for our sin (Rom. ).
D. The resurrection reveals that we must receive a living Savior (Jn. ; Rev. 3:20).
E. The resurrection declares that we have a living LORD.
- Here we see the Lordship of Christ (
III. THE RESURRECTION IS IMPORTANT TO THE BELIEVERíS SALVATION
A. The risen Christ is our life.
1. The child of God will appear in glory with his resurrected Lord.
2. Before He went to the cross, the Lord gave His followers a promise.
- He said, ďBecause I live, ye shall live alsoĒ(Jn. 14:6, 19).
B. The risen Christ produces fruit in us.
1. We are dead to
the law and alive in Christ (
2. Christ lives in us and produces fruit through us (Gal. ).
C. The risen Christ is our High Priest interceding for us (Heb. ).
1. Here is the guarantee of eternal security.
- Christ lives to save to the uttermost.
2. We are kept by His resurrection life (Rom. ).
D. The risen Christ guarantees our RESURRECTION.
1. Death is swallowed up in victory in the resurrection (I Cor. -23, 51-54).
2. The Spirit that raised Christ from the dead shall raise every believer from the dead (Rom. ).
Without the resurrection, we would have no message to preach and we would be without hope.